[amen] Hosanna. A photo from Moscow but also an EMERGENCY needing help. if you will.

  • From: Seraphim Sigrist <ssigrist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "amen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <amen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 14:36:57 -0800 (PST)

Friends,
Well I should give more photographs of  our work of Hosanna in
Moscow but we have a somewhat urgent event to report...well but let
me give you one.
This shows a meeting of prayer for Christian Unity around January
20 at our Hosanna youth center in Moscow...the creation of unity ,like
the loss of it, surely depends on the knitting together of many small acts
and this is one we offered
http://voyager.smugmug.com/Other/2012Jan/i-7NQ8dDF/1/XL/014-XL.jpg

Now what I need to share is an emergency at our retreat center 50 miles north
of Moscow in the village of Semkhoz where Fr Alexdander men had his home
and where he died in 1990.

here is a view of the retreat center taken in Spring:
http://voyager.smugmug.com/Religion/Hosanna2010/IMG0806/888001557_zFsJh-O-2.jpg

This center is less used in Winter because of the snow and roads and cold
but it is winterized. However last week it was found that the heating system
had broken down and has to be replaced.
As I understand it the insulation of the walls had gotten old and the building
was noticeably colder this year but in some extreme cold snap this year
this was a chain of events starting with a freezing of some lines which led to
the breakdown finally of at least five radiators. The boiler is fine but the
heating
system shut down. and the work of repair and replacement of insulation to make
sure it is secure for the next years will cost some thousands of dollars,
at the very least $5,000. an original estimate was $10,000 but we are hoping it
can
be done for less.  what is more the work cannot begin until March when
the worst of the cold is over.

This center serves to so many things, retreats for as many as 50 at a time...
youth...parishes... couples...Bible studies...summer week long programs...
work with the handicapped and so on.

I want to ask your prayer but also ask if you can perhaps donate for this
specific
need?
I know that repair and maintenance can be harder to give ones money to than
something new, but this is a work which is of great value , operated without
great cost, but now needing your help to continue ...

I have done much less fund appealing in recent years...we do the best we can
with  what comes in...and I did not want to press continually but now we need
your help, perhaps especially you many who have not donated for some
considerable time and yet are our dear friends and we dear to you

We need your help.

especially I would like to address the large number who are not among those
now giving, but who yet are one with us in vision and heart. I know this is
a large number.

Any amount... now is the time to pray for this work...and also ,after long not
putting this strongly, now is the time to help us with the means we need to
continue and grow all we have done and do...

ALL INFORMATION YOU NEED TO DONATE IS AFTER MY SIGN OFF
THE PAYPAL WORKS AND IS NOT DIFFICULT. or the address for a check

thank you dear friends so much,
yours in this work
 we share
+Seraphim Joseph Sigrist

Donations for HOSANNA to
The Patristic
Society
c.o 320 South
Broadway, Unit P-7
Tarrytown New York 10591
   (all
correspondence to me:  ssigrist@xxxxxxxxx, or sigrist@xxxxxxxx
)

OR TO PAYPAL --CLICK ON "DONATE" BUTTON AT
http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=hosanna
AND
FOLLOW THE SIMPLE DIRECTIONS TO MAKE CREDIT CARD OR
BANK ACCOUNT DONATION