[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: "garland robertson" <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 16:53:01 -0600

I trust you are content in your spirit and your heart.

Laura and I have returned from experiencing the MCUSA conference meetings in
San Jose.  We connected with Marilyn and Ron while there, and enjoyed the
company of a host of other old and new acquaintances, including Linda and
Jack Knox.  We are grateful for the opportunity to be present at this
gathering and thank you for your generous support of our community as each
of us responds to the occasion of God's spirit in our lives, serving each
other as God has fashioned and prepared us.

Over the course of the next two Sundays all of us will be sharing
reflections of our experiences at this conference during our worship times.
We will also display materials we received and perhaps introduce some of the
new music we discovered.  We pray you will also be able to sense a part of
the encouragement and adventure associated with the engagement of the
Mennonite Church USA in these days of challenge and opportunity.