[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: Garland Robertson <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 10:09:07 -0600

I pray you are refreshed as you live in gracious relationship with the community and the creation.

Ted Torres will be our preacher for this next Sunday. The scriptures that we will consider together are Psalm 27:1, 4-9; Isaiah 9:1-4; Matthew 4:12-23; and 1 Corinthians 1:10-18. Thoughts prompted by these passages will compose his sermon, "Brothers and sisters, by the name of the Lord."

Laura and I will be out of the area over the weekend.

The Announcements follow below and the Worship Schedules for January and February 2011 are attached.

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Refreshments, January 23:  Rebeca and Chris_
_

* *

*Sunday, January 23 *A Congregational Meeting is scheduled to follow our Worship Service. The meeting will be planned to conclude after one hour.

*Sunday, January 30 *The Young Adults will be leading us in Worship. *
*

*
*

*Gratitude* Betty and Jim thank you for the kindness and hospitality you extended to them during their visit with us as a part of the *S*ervice *O*pportunities for *O*lder *P*ersons. They invite you to continue communication with them as you desire. And you are invited to visit them in their home in Ontario if that will be possible for you.

Betty and Jim Boyes

375 11^th Street, West

Owen Sound, Ontario

Canada N4K 3S9