[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: Garland Robertson <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 15:41:35 -0600

I pray you will recognize many blessings and joys for which to be thankful during this week and through the days ahead that are being prepared for us

This next Sunday we will begin our celebration of the Advent, Christmas, and Epiphany feasts in the Christian tradition. May the story and sound of these occasions renew our confidence in and passion for receiving the kingdom of God in our hearts and our world.

Awake from sleep! In our time, we see the nations divided, each seeking its own interest. God calls us beyond our national boundaries into being one people, awakened from sleep and alert for signs of God's coming reign.

The Announcements follow below and the Worship Schedule for December 2010 is attached.

ANNOUNCEMENTS

_Please pass the hymnals to the aisle after worship._

* *

*Saturday, November 27 *Join us at the church at 3p to decorate our worship space for Advent and Christmas. Hot cider and coffee will be provided. Please bring snack items to compliment.

_
_

_Seasonal Choir Practices, all at __AMC___

Saturday, November 27 1:30p

Sunday, November 28 10:30a

Saturday, December 4 1:30p

Sunday, December 5 10:30a

Saturday, December 11 1:30p

Sunday, December 12 10:30a

*Thursday, Dec 2 *The men of the church will meet for breakfast, 7p, Jim's restaurant, NW of Burnet

Rd and Hwy 183 intersection.

*Saturday, December 4 *Trinity CDC sponsors the 25^th annual Sharing with Santa Celebration, 10a-1p. Share in games, purchase gifts, enjoy good company, and talk with Santa Clause.* *

The wrapping room needs small boxes or Holiday gift bags to help the kids wrap their Elf room purchases. Please donate to this worthy cause.

Sharing with Santa includes a silent auction. We gladly welcome your contributions for this sale. Gift certificates to area restaurants, coffee houses, oil changes, etc. or new items to put in the sale make are popular items. Please ask Gloria for a copy of the letter to present to the business.

*/We appreciate all contributions to this annual, important fundraiser.

/*

*Sunday, Dec 5 *Community lunch following worship and communion.