[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: Garland Robertson <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 10:19:55 -0500

I pray you are refreshed and encouraged as you live in the presence of God's kingdom here with us.

The experience of human life in the earth is a mystery that unfolds as we experience our journey through time. From birth to death there is a natural flow to our developing capacities and awareness. The interplay of physical creatureliness with the psychological components of emotion, passion, reason, and imagination creates a profoundly complex yet sufficiently composed foundation from which we can reach out and engage the world with our uniquely individual sensitivities and capabilities. Despite the diversity of human appearance and expression, a common ambition defines the longing of every person: to find a way to live out the pattern of existence that brings contentment to the human spirit and heart. This accomplishment might be called ‘the attainment of personhood’--the actual discovery of the distinctive performance for which the individual has been fashioned by the divine mystery of creation. Joy and fulfillment are the blessings that come as we continue to honor our personal adventure of life in the earth.

The scriptures we will consider this next Sunday are 1 Kings 17:17-24; Luke 7:11-17; and Galatians 1:11-24. Thoughts from these passages will compose the sermon, 'Living from the heart.'

May it go well with you. Sincerely,