[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: Garland Robertson <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 10:50:55 -0500

I pray you are finding many reasons to be grateful as you continue your adventure of faith in the way of Jesus.

Next Sunday we will celebrate the significance of Pentecost in the history of the Christian church. Are we seeking the Holy Spirit emboldening us to live our God's vision? Are we open to the Holy Spirit leading us to the new earth and new heaven? Not constrained by culture, race, or language, the Holy Spirit is poured out on young and old, women and men. Like those gathered in Jerusalem on Pentecost, we are astonished to find ourselves part of a new community that includes the whole of creation.

The scriptures we will consider are Genesis 11:1-9; John 14:8-17; and Acts 2:1-21. Thoughts from these passages will compose the sermon, 'The search for regulation.'

May it go well with you  Sincerely,