[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: Garland Robertson <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 09:29:38 -0500

I pray you are sensing the companionship of God as you open yourself to discoveries gifted by the creative spirit for your enrichment.

Do we love as Jesus loves? What are some practical ways our congregation can love the way Jesus loves? How might this embodied love move us beyond our comfort zones? From a love reserved for those close to us, the Spirit calls us to love both friends and enemies in ways we never dreamed possible. There is only one commandment: to love like Jesus loves.

The scriptures we will consider in the worship service next Sunday, the Fifth Sunday of Easter, are John 13:31-35, Acts 11:1-18, and Revelation 21:1-6. Thoughts prompted by these passages will compose the sermon, 'The evangelistic witness.'

During the service we will be enriched by several special music presentations, receive communion, and hear stories of faith journeys. Following the service our community will share lunch together.