[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: Garland Robertson <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 11:48:08 -0600

I pray you are assured of divine companionship as you journey on in faith.

Influences on the human spirit are numerous. Because mystery conceals from us most of the certainty we search for, we must appeal to natural sensitivities to establish guidelines for ordering our lives. The need for safety, nourishment, and protection prompts us to establish patterns of living that not only serve ourselves but also enable us to support those we love in our families and communities. The origin of emotions that stir within us when trying to determine how to make these kinds of choices may be just as elusive as is the certainty that we are making the best choice possible—one that will be most beneficial in both the present and the future. We are not alone in this dilemma. Everyone who has lived before us has faced this same challenge. Perhaps we can learn something from their experiences that will help us have confidence in following the teachings of Jesus when constructing parameters for making choices in life. These thoughts will compose the sermon for next Sunday, 'Sorting through inner promptings.'

May it go well with you. Sincerely,