[amc] Re: a note from the pastor

  • From: Steve Friesen <Friesen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 07:03:21 -0600

That all sounds like fun, but our sons will be around and our schedule is
uncertain and I doubt we'll be able to participate.  If we make it to the
service, I'm sure they won't be up for caroling or chatting with strangers.

Steve

On 12/23/08 8:27 PM, "Garland Robertson" <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> held
forth:

> Members and Friends of Austin Mennonite Church
>
> I pray the wonder of Christmas is dawning in your spirits and your hearts.
>
> For those you nearby on Christmas Eve, come celebrate a Candlelight
> Service here at the church, beginning at 7p.  The service will include
> scriptures of the Christmas story and carols of the season.
>
> I was asked about caroling afterward and had not planned anything.  Yet
> I am thinking now that, if a few desire to sing outdoors, we might stop
> by the jail behind the court house on 12th and Guadalupe on our way to
> refreshments at Linda and Paul's home.  We will see if there is enough
> interest to merit this chorus.
>
> Blessed Christmas as we honor the precious gift of Jesus.
>
> May it go well with you.  Sincerely,
> Garland Robertson
> -------
> Austin Mennonite Church,  (512) 926-3121  www.mennochurch.org

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steve Friesen
Louise Farmer Boyer Chair in Biblical Studies
418 Burdine Hall
Religious Studies, 1 Univ. Sta. C3700
University of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX 78712-6000

W: (512) 471-8629
F: (512) 471-44230
H: (512) 482-0822

https://webspace.utexas.edu/~sjf365/

"The infidel might have a good point, you know."

   --Les Barker, from
     "The Church of the Wholly Undecided"