[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: Garland Robertson <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 18:29:41 -0600

Tomorrow we will begin our journey into the season of Advent on our way toward Christmas and Epiphany. Advent is a special time to reflect on the ways and times we remember and anticipate God becoming present to us. We will recall ancient stories about the intervention of God to save and sustain humankind. We will explore the prophecies that speak about the intervention of God in our future. And we will search for the activity of God in our time, how and where the divine presence is engaged. More important than any new discovery, however, is our desire to be prepared for recognizing and honoring the intention of God for the creation as it is unfolding through our history.

I trust this will be an enriching and encouraging time for us all as we listen together for a word of the Lord to us in the scriptures, songs, and stories we will encounter during these seasons. I pray within your spirits you will not only sense the awesome wonder of the infinite God choosing to be among us but also celebrate the adventure this divine presence creates for you. May the glory of God come upon you and shine within and around you.

Sincerely,
Garland Robertson -------