[amc] a note from the pastor

I pray you are blessed as you reflect on the provisions that God has
supplied for your journey through time.  May thanksgiving be a spiritual
refreshment as tougher we honor the purpose and intention of the creator God
for all of life and its complete expression.

Dreams and visions mysteriously appear in our conscious awareness in ways
that both intrigue us to analysis and provoke us to contemplation.  Various
explanations exist for the origin of these puzzling occurrences.  One of the
most attractive suggestions proposes that these episodes actually work to
help us manage our confrontations and frustrations with reality as we
perceive it.  Rather than dreams being a kind of byproduct while we sleep,
this theory speculates that we sleep in order that we may dream.  Understood
in this way,  dreams are the provision for us to make sense of our
experience-a way of relating and associating our perceptions so as to
provide to us a reason to continue living in our environment.  The biblical
witness represents dreams and visions as sacred incidents, having a unique
capacity to unite time-restricted observations with eternal 'truth.'  If we
recognize that reason and truth are functionally synonymous, then in dream
we may be accessing a spiritual path that connects human nature with divine
presence-a way of helping us to conform our improvised reason to primordial
truth.  The question, 'What is truth?' both for Pilate and for us therefore
might be a two-pronged inquiry: not only the quest for certainty but also
the search to discover its place in our practical everyday existence.  These
thoughts will compose the sermon for this next Sunday, 'A reason worthy of
faith.'

May it go well with you.  Sincerely,

Garland Robertson

...always hold firmly to the thought that each one of us can do something to
bring some portion of misery to an end