[amc] Jun 17 at AMC

  • From: Austin Mennonite <austinmennonite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 18:56:03 -0500

From Pastor Lee:

Summer has arrived.  AMC folks are traveling here and there.  The
air-conditioning is on a lot and the ceiling fans are turning.  I hope we
find time to stay cool, renew relationships, enjoy the outdoors and nurture
our spirits during the summer months.  And let's hope this summer is not as
brutal as the summer of 2011!  Heat, drought, wildfires and water
restrictions take their toll.  Our prayers continue for the recovery
efforts.  Mennonite Disaster Service continues their presence in Bastrop,
Texas.  The rains have been more timely this spring.  One of my neighbors
who had a wheat harvest in the area described a record yield, almost 60
bushel per acre!

I have attached my June 2012 pastor's report which is a brief overview of
Austin Mennonite Church.  I would be interested in your feedback on this
report.  We are gifted congregation and it is a joy to be a partner in
ministry with you.
You will note that I describe the finances of AMC as mostly stable and I am
thankful for the generosity and faithfulness of all of you who support the
church not only financially but in many other ways.

*June 17, 2012 at Austin Mennonite Church:*

*Sunday School*
Adult, youth and children's class met as usual.  In case some of you could
not find us, the *Widening the Circle *adult class met in the Quilt Room
(Annex 1) because Annex 2 was set up for an evening banquet.

*Worship*

   - Stacey B. led worship for the first time.  Thanks!  Well done.
   - Music was great!
   - Pat H. told the story of Johnny Appleseed and gave apple seeds to the
   children.
   - From the sermon - "A quote from Millard Lind, a Mennonite teacher of
   the Hebrew scriptures: *The goal of history is not achieved by military
   politics.  The great eagles may win wars, but they do not win the peace."
   *

*Joys and Concerns*

   - Janice F. - returning from a visit to family in CA.  Her mother is
   transitioning well toward a facility with more care for her.
   - Marcia M. - will be traveling to Indiana and Iowa to visit aging
   parents.
   - George O. - back issues, pain, receiving treatment.
   - Susan D. - appreciates prayers as divorce is pending.
   - Anna M. - struggling with personal issues, appreciates prayers.
   - Larry A. - Clarence Bassett celebrated his 91st on June 14 and is
   struggling with health issues.
   - Jill B. - sister is struggling with thyroid condition.
   - Bob Kn. - glad for slight movement toward a more expansive immigration
   policy.
   - Stacey B. - Miguel walked without crutches!
   - Clint H. - got a full time job last week!
   - Miguel F. - thankful for fathers. Planning to travel to Ireland for
   his father's 80th.

*This week Jun 18-24:*
*
*
*Jun 21, 7pm - Women's Group at Linda S. home.*
*Jun 21, 6:30pm - Men's Movie Night (food too) at Miguel's.  RSVP.*
*Jun 24, 9:30am - Sunday school classes (HS through adult) meet in Annex 2
to discuss WDC resolutions.*
*Jun 24, 11am - Miguel preaches at AMC.*

Peace,

--
Lee Lever, Pastor
Austin Mennonite Church