[amayausers.com] Re: using a Mac

  • From: Carol Brussel <brusselembroidery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 17:06:21 -0700

if only Melco came up with the programming to run the amaya off a
Mac...I'd be in
graphic heaven.
Heard someone up in Canada was doing it all on Mac but he was
silenced...not a
peep since then.

Roland

Roland, I am emailing you from the windows side of my macbook pro, and as
soon as I get Parallels up and running I won't even have to leave the mac
side to run my amaya programs. Of all the problems I have with the
embroidery biz, there have been none with the Mac -  the programs settled
right down into the Windows world of mac and run just fine - it's still
windows - and as the Mac guys will tell you, it's windows running on the
most stable platform there is.

I do still back things up, though, and use a battery backup (UPS) to keep
those pesky power surges or brownouts from causing damage.

Just had a visit from the all-time best tech in the world (well, don't know
what I would be comparing him with, but, he's great) and learned a lot. Now
to get back to the working thing.

Carol Brussel
Brussel Embroidery
Denver