[amayausers] Re: thread buildup on back of fabric

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 19:54:16 UT

This message was posted by Green Eyed Di on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/61.html

Hi-
  I am having a problem and hope someone can help.  I am sewing a name on a
stuffed animal ear and there is a lot of thread buildup on the bobbin side of
the stitching. It's not a birds nest per se---just very thick and puffy looking.

   Here's the specs of what I am currently using:

 Madeira Polyneon thread for the top thread and the same thread on the bobbin
(bobbin wound using a brother bobbin winder)
 The lettering is Athletic Swoosh with the following settings:
letter height 0.5"
letter width 100%
stitch length 25 pt
Column:
  stitch type satin
  density 4
  column width/pull comp 105%
  min width 10
underlay:
   edgewalk
    30pt
    width 70%

      Any suggestions as to how to get the bobbin side stitching flat as
opposed to so lumpy?  The stitching on the bobbin side will be visible on the
finished product so I need it to look as much like the front stitching as
possible.
          Many thanks!
           Di