[amayausers] Re: smallest font in program?

  • From: Herman Wilson <pineapple@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:02:04 -0700

mini block .18" oesco block .15" that is the ones i used needle 70/10 or 75/11 try this.
Herman

Roland R. Irish III wrote:

HI all...we've been pulling our hair out trying to figure out which font
will go the smallest without major thread breaks (some of those problems we
are fixing-needle angle, MT, etc.)
have a client's shirt to duplicate (they got it somewhere else) and the
group name measures 3/16", .1875 high. So far we have been unable to sew a
'straight line' font even .2" and have it look decent. This is a 'helvetica'
, 'arial', 'avantegarde' style font-probably 'microblock' but we are unable
to get a decent sew out. Had other designs that needed small fonts-I ended
up 'hand writing' the lettering with 'walk normal stitch' to simulate the
lettering-that was the best I could do for this small type. But the design I
have to do now-the lettering is on 2 lines with no design near it-so 'hand
lettering' would look terrible.
It is all capital letters, .1875 high, and I'd guess the column width is
about 2 stitches? But it looks so clean and sharp, very legible...
I know we must be doing something wrong with settings-so what should be done
right?
Thanks
Roland