[amayausers.com] Re: small lettering

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 16:26:54 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/291.html#000001

Hi Charlotte...small lettering is a real pain, but 1/2" isn't that bad. I hate
1/4"-working on some now.
If a 'tech' angel doesn't pop in (Herb, Rod, John, etc.) then here's some fast
help...
check your 'pdf file' on fonts-make sure the lettering style you want is
recommended for that size. Set minimum 'width' under the 'column' tab to 10, NO
underlayment unless your font page says so. Pull comp-I usually go for 110, and
density start at 4.5 and if it gets 'lost' (too tight) go to 4.8, then 5, 5.5,
etc. until it looks good. Some lettering you may end up at 6 or 7-don't
worry-if it looks good that's what you want.
Script is the worst for small lettering, but at 1/2" you really aren't that
'small'.
Hoop up some scrap shirts, 2 pieces of backing-and run a test. Setup 3 or 4
similar fonts for block and script, and try different densities on duplicate
words. Run it and see which looks better-then use that setting for default.