[amayausers.com] Re: slim line2 question

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 14:39:40 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/418.html#000009

We have the 3.5 x 5 and 6.5 x 5, haven't gone for the larger ones yet but
thinking about it.
I cut backing to about 3/4" larger than the frame, and then use small 'wedge'
paper clamps (buy them cheap at Staples) to hold the backing in place-once you
have everything aligned and squared up, reach underneath and take the clamp
off. For material that
wants to move around-slippery nylon or something, I have the 2" wide wedge
clamps that I bent the wings down-so I can clamp the 'frame' itself together,
and the wings pointing down so they won't catch the trimmer bar or needle head.
As Rod said, always, always make sure the clamp handle is SNAPPED down into
place-you have to FEEL it go into locked position. AND to prevent damage next
time you start it up, remove the frame and top frame when done for the day.