[amayausers.com] Re: slim line2 question

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 14:30:04 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/418.html#000007

Cindy,

We tape the backing to the clamp first and then slide the garment  into place.
We also have placed some tape on the upper frame of the clamp and then measured
and marked some index points on both sides and the top and bottom to help in
lining up the garment. Yep, this means placing some line up marks on the
garment too.....

We also use extra clips around the outside edge of the frames for extra holding
power. Make sure that any type of clip, clamps or whatever , is being used,
will not come in contact with any part of the machine while doing a trace or
during sewing.....

Becareful of the toggle lever, the one that pulls the clamps together to hold
the garment. ALWAYS, make sure this is in the down position while sewing, doing
a trace or when the clamp is not in use, etc..... failure to do so will cause
the lever to come into contact, at some point, with the back side of the needle
case and will dislodge the needle cse, dropping one or all of the needle
bars......

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer