[amayausers.com] Re: sewing on leather

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 15:58:29 UT

This message was posted by sewsew7 on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/429.html

Hello everyone.  I am working with a customer who would like some embroidery
done on a leather jacket.  They have picked a design out of the dakota book,
but would like me to downsize the design from 3" x 1.79", to 2" x ?.  I have
had some success with downsizing and removing some of the density in designs
before, but because this is going to be applied to a leather jacket, I am
worried about the density making a cut out in the fabric.  I have not worked
with leather very much.  Are there some guidelines regarding density I should
stick to for working on leather?  The dakota design number is WH1012, a semi
cab without a trailer.  Any advice is very much appreciated.  Thanks.