[amayausers.com] Re: running dsv9 without adjust cables

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 14:42:15 UT

This message was posted by Steve I on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/706.html#000001

That's your call.  I have 8 machines and only 3 made noises after installing
V9OS.  Cables on all of them were loose but only 3 made the awful noise.  You
can tighten the cables yourself enough to stop the noise, but without the force
tension gauge you cant get it within spec. Having said that they are probably
not within spec now if they are too loose.  I know the techs out there are
getting their blood pressure up but if you tighten the cable enough to stop the
noise and no tighter they probably wont be too tight.

So again it's your call.  You will see an improvement in stitch quality and a
quieter running machine with V9 OS.  If you don't want to install the OS right
now just install the V9 DS and save the files as a V7. V9 DS is not without
it's problems but the guys at Melco are working hard on getting them fixed.

Steve I.
Trinity Embroidery