[amayausers] Re: monitor size

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 08:14:27 -0400

Anand, when you get to be ancient and decrepit like some of us 'over
45' folks are...the larger the monitor, the easier it is to do the
editing!
I'm running a 17" on my computer for the amaya, but on all my macs
I've gone to 19"-and I don't have to do anywhere NEAR as fine editing
with my sign and screenprinting work! With the program toolbars, etc.
in Design shop, even with a 17" monitor you end up with about 6-8" of
'active' window to zoom in and work on the design. When you have to
zoom right in to find stitches and move fine points-the bigger the
monitor the easier it is.
I'm hopefully taking some spare change for christmas and buying my
Amaya a bigger monitor before I have to use reading glasses AND a
magnifying glass!
Resolution does't mean much if the monitor isn't big enough to see
all of the design in full size!

Roland