[amayausers.com] Re: manual settings

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 15:53:35 UT

This message was posted by cbireley on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/232.html

When I took my class 2 years ago, I just kept everything on "auto" settings b/c
it was the easiest thing to do and I had so many more things to learn that was
more pressing (am still learning things I should know by now). When I read
posts, a lot of times it is asked if where you have your settings?  I'm
thinking about trying to manually set my acti-feed.  I know there is a little
chart on the computer telling me what to use, but are there any other rules to
use when deciding what to pick?  For ex. I stitched on a polyester shirt sleeve
recently.  My auto setting made it pucker and look too bulky. When I set it at
an "8" (recommended by a friend) it looked so much better, but the chart
wouldn't have had me do that.
Thanks for your help...I know this sounds probably like a silly question.