[amayausers] Re: magnetic bobbins

  • From: "Steve Cohen" <steve208321@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 11:04:04 -0400

I tried a sample magnetic bobbin sample from a show a long time ago and was
very unhappy with it. I never could get the tensions right on it. Threw it away
real quick and went back to cardboard sided bobbins. (I really never liked the
sideless bobbins either.) I have tried many brands and seem to like the Coats
brand the best.

From: "Avalon Embroidery & Apparel" <avalonembroidery@xxxxxxx>
To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 07:40:52 -0700 Hi!  I was wondering if someone could
tell me how to use a magnetic bobbin.
I tried one yesterday and the bobbin thread kept breaking when I tried to
sew.  How should I set the tension on the bobbin case?   I am guessing that
was the problem, that I didn't have it (the tension) adjusted correctly.
Should there be no tension set at all?

Barbara

Avalon Embroidery

San Diego

Because e-mail on your cell phone should be easy:  Try Windows Live Mail for
Mobile beta
http://www2.imagine-msn.com/minisites/mail/Default.aspx?locale=en-us