[amayausers] Re: magnetic bobbins

  • From: Douglas Parker <jtbembsvcinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 08:57:41 -0600

Hi Barbara,

I use the Magnetic bobbins almost exclusively. I also use the Auto-Acti-feed
as well. I have found through trial and error, that running the bobbin
tension on the tight side ( about 1/2 inch to 1 inch) drop with a short
shake of the bobbin works for me. One thing I have heard that some people do
with the magnetic bobbin is get it in the bobbin case backwards. The magnet
goes inside the bobbin case. If you get the magnet facing out, they don't
work and the bobbin thread won't spool correctly and cause all kinds of
problems.

I am using a January 2003 vintage Amaya.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Doug Parker
JTB Embroidery Services, Inc.