[amayausers.com] Re: invalid argument was encountered

  • From: e3m@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 04:57:17 +0000

Barbara,
Maybe you're having issues with your 3D Hardware Acceleration.  Depending on
what software version you upgraded from, this might be something new to your PC
within the Design Shop program.  Some PC's work fine with it as it is defaulted
and other PC's need to disable this feature.
Right click on the 3D button and uncheck "Enable Hardware Acceleration".  Close
down Design Shop and then open it again and see if this makes a difference to
your situation.
I can't explain in detail much in this area but maybe Jeff B. can chime in and
add a thing or two.
I thought this had more to do with simply how the 3D feature is viewed but
maybe these waters run deeper.

Ed Orantes

-------------- Original message from Lee & Barbara Ott
<digitalstitchz@xxxxxxxxxxx>: --------------

I'm sure it's the new software.  After I brought up the design, I put it in 3D.
 It was fine.  I clicked on a vector item and asked to convert to stitches and
got the message.  Started over.  Design not in 3D.  Click on vector object and
request to convert to stitches.  It does it fine.  Then I click on the 3D and
get the same message.  Must close again from the task manager as everything is
locked up.  I go back and redo the vector to stitches and when done, save it
and close.  Then I bring it back up and request the 3D - works fine at that
point.  But when creating, before something is saved, the new version of design
shop pro 7.000.112 will freeze with "an invailid argument was encountered."
So, I found the work around and will call Melco Monday to let them know.  They
need to fix this.
Barbara Ott

Digital Stitchz
905 Texas Street
Fairfield, CA 94533
(707) 426-9963 Phone
(707) 426-9983 FAX
Embroidery, Applique, Vinyl Lettering & numbers, Screenprinting & Laser
Engraving

----- Fight back spam! Download the Blue Frog.
http://www.bluesecurity.com/register/s?user=ZGlnaXRhbHN0aXRjaHo4Njc5