[amayausers.com] Re: interlocking letters

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 19:53:13 UT

This message was posted by Juli in Kona on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/205.html#000008

First of all, let me apologize for giving the wrong information.  There is,
indeed, a Subtract Element icon that works really well.  I have been playing
with it this morning - just wish I had known or, maybe remembered is a better
word, about this before because I have done this manually.  But the Subtract
Element is just so easy to use.

I created a circle - that's my golf ball.  Then I created the word Golf in
Garamond font and for the baseline I used Bridged.  I made the sides narrow and
the center fat - kind of giving the impression of a "radial out" so it looks
like it is on a curve.  I centered the text on the golf ball, then selected
both and used the subtract element icon to get rid of the circle under the
text.  Then I deleted the text.  This left me with my gold ball with Golf
written in negative on it.  Pretty cool!

Juli in Kona