[amayausers.com] Re: hat hoop

This message was posted by Ballyhoo on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/797.html#000005

Tip:  I put a fat (3.5" x .25" [#64]) rubber band around the inner (closest to
brim holder) on my WACF.  I just grab the top of the rubber band and move it
left and then right as I slide the backing (one piece or two) under it.  The
backing virtually never slips this way.  When the cap is removed the rubber
band usually stays in place.

Also, sometimes it seems to make more sense not to open the fastener in the
back of the cap.  This way the fastener can be pulled down with one finger
rather than trying to pull both side down with one hand.  With some caps I
don't get the same tension this way, but it usually is good.

Question:  There is a thick piece of black rubber that came with the gauge or
hoop.  Does anyone use this?  How does it help?

David Sklar
Ballyhoo!
Arlington VA