[amayausers] Re: auto-actifeed confusion

  • From: "Sandra Walker" <aece@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 16:53:47 -0500

Thanks to each of  you who responded to my SOS!  I really appreciate it.

So here's what happened:
I used a new bobbin case which maintains the tighter bobbin tension and just
kept sewing and sewing.

I'm working on a left chest design that's supposed to go on a pique polo
shirt. The design sews out OK on other fabric types using auto-actifeed
(A-AF).  On the pique fabric, though, the design looks messy and sinks into
the fabric even with 3 pieces of 2 oz. backing and slovy on top.  But it
does sew with no TB's.

I did notice that once when it got to the small lettering, A-AF dropped from
8 or 9 to 1, which I knew was too low.  So I stopped the machine and changed
the setting back to 9 (didn't know you could do that with A-AF turned on!)
then continued sewing and that worked better.  Weird side note:  when I set
the MT at 8 or 9 manually (A-AF turned off) I got a ton of TB's and false
bobbin breaks!

It also seems that you need to have the presser foot higher when using A-AF,
where it doesn't even touch the fabric.

I've sewn a different design-just lettering- on a cotton-poly-spandex blend
with no TB's and the sewout looks a little tight on that shirt too.  Maybe I
have the bobbin TOO tight?

One more thing: with A-AF on, the MT continues to change in different parts
of the design.  Is that normal?  Does this happen to anyone else?

Anyway, thanks again to everybody who offered help. I'll just keep
experimenting and see what happens...

Sandra Walker
A&E Custom Embroidery
936.588.1015   800.291.6953
We make your life more colorful...and your business more visible!