[amayausers] Re: auto-actifeed confusion

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 19:06:50 -0400

I found also that the actifeed is very sensitive to bobbin
problems...not only cleaning under that spring, but look inside-there
is a notch inside where the thread goes that also fills up with gunk.
Keeping it clean makes a big difference. And on the thread sensor
'bar' behind the threads, gently rotate it...pointed out a month ago
by someone, and I had a tech tell me to do the same...don't know what
it does but it made a difference.
The actifeed IS strange...will take some getting used to. I have it
running fine for a batch-then suddenly it acts up...then next time
(different fabric or hat) and it runs fine again. But it is more and
more 'good' and less 'bad' as it goes.
Roland