[amayausers.com] Re: adjusting pull compensation

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 15:37:52 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/704.html#000009

Rod isn't kidding about working on a duplicate...many more than just a few
times I"ve worked for hours to complete a design-then hit the wrong key (I"m a
genetically programmed Mac user-so I always hit the wrong keys on a PC) and the
program will crash-wiping out all the changes or leaving a corrupted
'original'. After doing that a few times I now make a duplicate of any design
I"m working on...immediately-before any changes are made. Then I start cleaning
up, fixing trouble spots (too dense letters, missing fills, etc.) and save
again every couple of steps.
When I have to do a sewout test, and spot more problems-I make ANOTHER copy for
those changes and keep going. This way if I really screw up something-I have
the last 'test' version to fall back on and start over.
Anytime I use one of the Dakota files, or something I've paid for or another
amaya user has done for me...I immediately make a copy...because if you screw
up without making a copy-you have nothing to start over with!
I have a 'dual' harddrive setup-so one hard drive has the operating programs,
customer files...the second hard drive has ALL my artwork files stored
there-and final versions of customer files. That way if the computer craps out
on drive #1, I can remove drive #2 and install it in another computer...since
it is a 'storage' unit-nothing the 'drive' unit does will affect it.