[amayausers.com] Re: Zoom

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 23:02:54 UT

This message was posted by Ballyhoo on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/122.html#000003

Thanks, Jeff.  It was right there.  I feel very unobservant for not having
noticed it!

I appreciate your comments.  I took some classes from Tom Moore at a show and
he teaches vector art before digitizing.  However, I recently watched a DVD
from John Deere and what he said seemed to make sense to me (which does not
necessarily mean that it does make sense).  While he uses 6X zoom, he really
seems to be preaching to use a consistent zoom when digitizing.  When zooming
excessively (guilty!) the (novice) digitizer tends to put too many points on
the design which often leads to shorter stitches which leads to harder rather
than softer embroidery.  Push and pull compensation as well as overlaps are
done better because you see the design at a consistent size.  He also says that
people spend too much time with details and perfection (at a high zoom), that
is irrelevant and time wasting, when considering the thickness of the thread.
Is there any "significant" validity to this?

Thanks for your comments.