[amayausers.com] Re: Z Axis Error

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 18:42:18 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1058.html#000001

The loud noise sounds to me like the needle 'bar' (behind the magnetic panel'
that you were sewing with needs oil....and Z axis is 'up and down'....if you
are using the same needle (s) over and over without moving thread spools to a
different needle then those needles need extra lubrication behind that panel.
Otherwise the felt pads in there dry out and the needle bar runs into friction,
starts getting real REAL loud and it can force it into a stuck or stopped
position. It's the first error we ever had back with our 'big Red' and we
learned over the phone how to fix it...just oil the rod and wait for it to soak
in...problem solved and we never had it again-always went through and added a
couple drops of oil before any quantity sewing.