[amayausers.com] Re: Wholesale pricing

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 19:18:51 UT

This message was posted by Body Cover on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/10/96.html#000004

Hi Juli,
My suggestion is to stop in and see what he is charging retail for this item,
most gift shops or specialty places will at least want to  be able to keystone
the item, which is double the price they paid, if they are retailing for $39.95
then you can figure you should be able to charge around $20 since your into it
for around $15 this may be doable on some orders, but if he is selling them at
$20 retail or even $30 then I doubt he'll want to pay, more than $15. the big
draw to a place using a big company is the pricing, they may take that same
item with some different wording and sell it to 20 or 30 other places around
the world, then they are buying thousands at a time and embroidering thousands
at a time and they keep the costs down since they are selling thousands all
over. but for us little guys we have to sell them on the idea of unique and
custom, you won't find your item in the store down the street or across town,
this way it hopefully can account for the higher pricing,
but it is difficult to work on the small margins retailers want when they are
comparing you to bigger companies that are spread around selling the same ideas
and garments all over.
Bottom line is if ordering 100 at a time, see if you can negotiate better
pricing from your supplier. it never hurts to ask... and decide what the least
amount you can live with is,
it doesn't pay to work your butt off and only make a small amount of money when
you can make bigger profits and work easier on the custom stuff. It really is a
judgment call on your part I think.  Good Luck!

Ron