[amayausers] Re: What brand thread do you use?

  • From: "Jeff Banks" <banksje@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 09:50:57 -0700

Wendy states,

"I wonder why Melco didn't just put the longer tubes on so we can use any
thread? Seems
like a no brainer to me but who knows."

 Actually, the tubes used in the Amaya are the same tubes used in Melco
machines for the last 7 or so years, or from the beginning of the time when
Melco machines started using tubes for thread feed. Madeira changed their
cones about 2 years ago. They used to be different, shorter etc. They not
only changed the length, but also the diameter which effects how it sits on
the Melco Thread Tree. Funny how when a supplier like thread suppliers, etc.
change something, the machine manufacturers are supposed to follow and
change their machines just for them? Besides, Melco wants you to buy the ARC
thread, not Madeira! :) <grin>

Jeff Banks
 Melco Embroidery Systems