[amayausers] Re: What brand thread do you use?

  • From: "Sharon" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 11:24:08 -0700

We use Arc and Isacord and don't have any major problems with either ones.
As Ed indicated, it's usually something other than the thread, in general,
that is causing the thread to break.

In trying to find out the difference between Arc and Isacord we were told
that trade secrets were involved ( ? ) but that one of the differences was
that the strans within the Arc thread are twisted together by using steam
and Isacord used a parafin based agent to treat and twist their thread
together---just a bit of trivia.

I guess we base our choice on color selection availability more than
anything.....can't see a tremendous difference in these two but do notice
that humidity does play a large part in their performance.

Rod

Rod Springer
Melco Trained Technician/Owner
(Design Shop Pro+ Digitizing)