[amayausers] Re: Vinyl cutters-Who has one??

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 11:42:39 -0400

LuAnn, if you are only buying it to cut iron-on materials-you are
getting 3 times the cutter over what you will need. All the 'iron on'
materials come on 15" rolls....and you also want to get 'friction
feed', not 'sprocket' feed for 'punched' materials. With friction
feed you can use up scrap pieces, with sprocket feed you cannot, and
you also are restricted to buying 'punched' rolls only.
Then you want to make sure you can get a 'driver' program to run it
that works with your computer and graphic programs....the cutters
don't come with programs!
I just upgraded to Flexi 7, and spent over $2500 to get just the
program....as un upgrade! Brand new it is $4800.00
If you are going into vinyl for signs and lettering, then a 40" is
still big. I ran a 36" for 11 years (Allen Datagraph-built right here
in NH) and when it died, got their new iThirty- 30" model. I had
never had to buy a 36" roll of material-was using all 15", 24", and
30"-so stepping down to a 30" model made sense.
There are also 'counter top' models-work just fine for what you might
want.
Don't jump too fast-you might regret it!

Sunrise Graphics
116 Main St
Claremont, NH 03743
603-543-1324