[amayausers.com] Re: V9 Color changing

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 21:58:44 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/338.html#000001

Juli,

First question.....I played with this a bit and found that if you inserted a
"trim", you could then add a color for the new element to attach too....may be
other ways, just found this one right off..then delete the trim after
digitizing the element(s)...no real time saving, but that is not what you asked
for  ;-)

Second question....first thing I experienced was that if you "right click" on
the element on the screen, it does not make that element "active" on the
working screen. If you "left" click on the element and get a properties box
around it on the screen and then "right" click in the properties box and the go
to the change color in the menu, it will change the color.

If you "right" click, the element in the project tree, it becomes "active" on
the screen, which will then allow a color change. In short, the element muct be
active on the working screen , with a properties box displayed around it to
affect a color change, regardless of right clicking on the element or the
working screen away from the element...

Create two complex fill objects....right click, on the screen, on one of the
elements. Select Change color, from the menu...nothing will effect a color
change this way.....now right click on the screen away from the elements and
you will see you get exactly the same menu. Selecting a color change from this
menu will not effect a color change either......But, left click on one of the
elements, get the properties box and then right click and select a color and it
will change....high lighting the element in the project list, in my opinion ,
is still the fastest way to get this done.....no bug that I can see..for what
you are trying to do anyway...

Rod Springer
Amaya tech & Trainer