[amayausers.com] Re: V9 Bad Experience

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 05:57:31 UT

This message was posted by Marcelle on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/333.html#000006

I updated the video driver on my Dell XP after reading suggestions on this
list.  I immediately began receiving messages on the screen in some programs
that my video driver was not correct for my computer.  DS, PE Design,
Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver all had strange things that began
happening on screen.  I just used the option to roll back the video driver to
the previous version.

I still have a few instances of not seeing parts of a design or some elements
in the project list but not like it was at first.  I am now thinking that it
may not be the video driver that is my problem.  I used the automatic update
and it told me that my driver was correctly updated.  Something just wasn't
right so rather than struggle with new drivers, etc. I just decided to roll it
back and wait a little longer to see what exactly is best.  I am thinking I
will just buy a new computer with a 26" screen.  One big problem in potential
purchase of a new computer is that the only Dell's that I saw on their site
that were faster were all 64 bit machines.

A computer store nearby told me that the Samsung large monitors were the only
ones on which they would offer extended warranty.  They just had too many
problems with other brands that they would not even sell extended warranty for
any others.

I am glad to know that a list member is using a 26" and it is fine for DS9.  It
always helps to know what an actual user has to say.

Has anyone else updated their video driver and had more problems after doing so?

Marcelle