[amayausers.com] Re: V9 Bad Experience

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 03:15:52 UT

This message was posted by Juli in Kona on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/333.html

I was teaching a person, new to the Amaya and new to embroidery, this morning
at my house.  I just put on V9, both DS and OS, this weekend. I digitized one
rather advance design and then decreased the size.  I sewed both of these out
using OS v9 and there were no problems with the sewing.  With the digitizing, I
kept losing the design.  wouldn't appear on the screen, but would highlight a
certain part of the design in the rt panel, just like it was on the screen.  I
had other problems with getting locked into screens and not being able to get
out.  One of the problems is that the little window that pops up when you are
"saving as" and you choose a file name that already exists, well, that little
pop up is hidden behind other screens.  I just didn't catch on that that is
what was happening until I downed all the screen showing and there it was.  And
the reason I was locked in was that it wanted me to click on Yes or No.  That
popup screen should always be on top and it isn't!

Then, when my student was there, I started to sew out an M that we digitized in
V9, Bookman TTF, 2 inches high.  halfway through the underlay, my machine
started to make the most horrible grinding/rubbing loud noise.  I slammed on
the Emergency stop.  When I started again - same thing.

So, I am back to V7 which I still have.  I redigitized the same M in V7 and it
sewed out just fine.  So, does anyone have a clue as to what is happening?  As
far as I can tell, there are big bad bugs in V9, both DS and OS.  It is kind of
demoralizing.

Juli in Kona