[amayausers.com] Re: Trick for small lettering.

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 17:27:28 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1294.html#000006

60 weight thread is thinner than regular 40 weight thread.  You would want to
reduce the density setting if you were using 60 weight thread because you
wouldn't get the coverage you'd expect.
On regular designs, if your density was set to 4, you might want to try a
density of 3 and see what you get.
Remember that we use a density of around 4 pts on most things because 40 weight
thread is just under 4 pts. thick.  Of course it also plays into an adequate
spacing of needle penetrations for the range of needle diameters we use in our
industry.

Ed