[amayausers.com] Re: Thread Feed Roller change out...

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 03:43:33 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1262.html#000003

Hi Jeff,

I don't know what color the rollers are on your machine (black, yellow or
white). If it has been updated, they should be white. Both yellow and white
ones are good.

Do take your magnetic plate off and remove the cover to get your little red
pinch roller off like Greenwing told you to do.

I am going to guess you got a tiny bit of grease on the actual roller on # 1
and 12. Remove them, clean with hot soap and water (not rubbing alcohol), dry
them off and replace them being careful not to get any grease on them...just on
the hub. We actually train people to place the grease in the little pocket and
smear around with a Q-tip that we have removed the cotton from. Then when you
pop the roller back in, you won't get the grease on the roller.

As long as there are no grooves in the roller or the pinch roller, this should
fix your problem.

When replacing the front cover, be sure to get the top back into the little
slot on top.

Sharon (& Rod)
Techs and Trainers