[amayausers] Re: Thread Feed Roller

  • From: "Linen Barn" <linen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 11:26:23 -0800

I wish I had a simple answer for you.  Sometimes a roller will last several
months and sometimes I have changed the same one twice in a day (heavy fill
designs).  Between my 3 AMAYA's I put around 1 million stitches a day on
them.  My best recommendation is if you get more than 2 false bobbin detects
on the same needle you may want to replace the roller.  Before replacing
look at the rubber to make sure there is a groove forming in it.  I think
the rollers are around $1.70 but since they are in the phases of fixing this
problem you can order them as Warranty items for now.  I (since I have 3
machines) order 30 or 40 at a time and when I get down to 10 I re-order
more.  I have no idea if they are still warrantying(sp?) them but even if it
cost me $30 a month in rollers I would pay it to keep my machines running.
I got so hammered for the Christmas season this year I had to hire 2 part
time employees and have been working 6-7 days a week, so these AMAYA's are
seeing lots of hours (I did 8 70k stitch full back logos on 1 of my AMAYA's
just yesterday with 3 thread breaks at 1200 SPM).

I hope this helps a little at least.  At least if you are getting lots of
false bobbin detects you know one place to check.  It seems to me like 8 out
of 10 times my false bobbin detects are roller related.  Sometimes it is
from the bobbin catching up or just something weird happening that you cant
explain.

Aaron Sargent
The Linen Barn
linen@xxxxxxxxxxx