[amayausers.com] Re: Thread Breaks and Humidity?????

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 15:37:57 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/599.html#000001

Last I knew, humidity was good, dry air bad...because the thread dries and gets
brittle.
We had more breaks in the winter because we use a ceiling mounted hot air
system, and it blows right across the top of the amaya, drying out the thread,
evaporating the oil, and unraveling spools!
So we got the Amaya covers (the 'jammies'we got in bulk last year for everyone)
and that seems to have taken care of the problem.
Now we're having the worst spring/summer in years for wet weather-humidity is
way up-and our thread breaks are way way down!
We also use nothing but madiera and arc poly thread-no rayon.
For my screenprinting-I have to run a dehumidfier-because the shirts pick up so
much humidity it prevents the inks from curing to the shirts-we have at times
had to run them through the flash dryer first before printing-and sweatshirts
have to go through the conveyor to dry out.