[amayausers] Re: T-Boss Quoting Software & profit percentage

  • From: DLCompton@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 01:23:43 EDT

Sandra,

While everyone's situation is different I'll give you my basic pricing
structure. My basic production "wages" is $60 an hour (a common service wage).
figure that I spend probably an equal amount of production time (stitching) as
non-production time (accounting, ordering, etc.) so this accounts for an
income  of $30 per hour before taxes. That in saying, my fees are priced
accordingly for  embroidery. Any income from garments is bonus.

As for garment markup; I double my cost for 1-11 pieces; 10% discount for
12-71 pieces (same style only--any combination of color & sizes, x-xl) and  20%
discount for 72+ pieces. Embroidery is different. I don't discount until 72
pieces (10% and 20% for 144+ pieces).

As for pricing for group fundraisers.....I may give the 20% discount
(garments & embroidery) without the quantity but usually nothing more unless
I'm
personally involved.

Hope this helps!

Dorothy  Compton
Bee Embroidered
_www.BeeEmbroidered.com_ (http://www.beeembroidered.com/)
(916)  635-7467
Rancho Cordova, CA

In a message dated 4/13/2006 2:07:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
aece@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

While  we're on the subject of pricing (kind of anyway), I'd appreciate
anyone  sharing:
1. how you figure mark up garments
2. what your net profit %age  goal is, or what the industry standard is and
3. how your price garments  for a group fundraiser

I'm working up prices to offer groups that want  to purchase items for resale
and would really appreciate hearing from  others on this.  I don't want to
discount myself into the poor  house!

Thanks so much!
Sandra Walker
A&E Custom  Embroidery
936.588.1015   800.291.6953
We make your life more  colorful...and your business more visible!