[amayausers] System shutdown

  • From: DLCompton@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 13:25:00 EDT

Hello all,

I'm having a very strange problem with my Amaya. I had the tech out last
Thursday and he replaced my presser foot and installed a new hook (the updated
presser foot was under warranty and should have been sent to me but for some
reason I'm not getting update information). Anyway, the machine was working
great on Friday. This week however has been a different story.

The Amaya would shut down (all lights off, needle in down position) just
before a trim. It would come back up but I would have to reload the design and
return to the sewing position it left off (it made for a long time to finish
the  couple of shirts I had left on a job)--by the way, it seemed to only do
this  when sewing at the default speed of 850; if I cranked up the speed to say
1100  the machine worked fine.

 I called melco and the tech had me check Force Download and go  through the
machine configuration wizard. OK....everything is now working. But  the saga
continues....

Yesterday I installed the Amaya OS on to my laptop (I'm taking my Amaya to  a
local business showcase next week). Install goes ok. I run a sample design;
machine again shuts down. I say to myself, ok I'll go do what the tech and I
did  on Monday or Tuesday (i.e. check Force Download, reconfig system--restart)
 unfortunately it didn't help. So I called melco again. Chris, the tech on
the  phone discovered I don't have the latest OS (I'm running 4.02.042 and I
should  have 5.something--why aren't I getting this info I don't know). So
they're  sending it out next day air and I should receive it today.

One thing I just thought of, I did run an older design on Monday (it
defaulted to setting by color with a speed of 650).

Back to the desktop system...I have a flag when new OS updates are  available
so I thought I finally update my computer's OS while I was doing the  laptop
stuff....it was service pack 2. After the install, my system couldn't see  the
wireless connection so I reverted. I figured it wouldn't change the Amaya OS
so I reconnected the dongle, started the Amaya OS and then powered up  the
Amaya. I reset the Force Download (it no longer was checked) and  reconfiged
the
machine. I ran my test at 850 without any problems. Back to the  laptop...

After reconnecting the dongle and cable, I powered up the system, opened
Amaya OS and powered up the Amaya. Loaded the test design (16 Is to run a
needle
check). Amaya shut down after the second I. The message on the bottom says
"Cluster invalid--master machine detached from system" It's not but obviously
thought it was. After the CSA & RSA programs reloaded and the Amaya was back
up, I tried to perform a manual trim...that's when I get the message "XY Home
not set - trying to do function - without setting home first" So, I went in
to  the maintenance section, the steppers tab and pressed home on all the
columns  (it's something the tech had me do yesterday) and then retried to
trim--no
good.

I will be calling melco as soon as I get the updated software  but I thought
I'd ask this group if anyone has had this happen and what was  done to resolve
the problem.

[Of course this is all happening just when my 2 year warranty is up almost
to the day....I need to get that extended warranty going.]
Dorothy  Compton
Bee Embroidered
_www.BeeEmbroidered.com_ (http://www.beeembroidered.com/)
(916)  635-7467