[amayausers] Re: System Shutdown

  • From: DLCompton@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:34:31 EDT

Well, I thought I'd give an update to my mysterious system shutdown problem
I was having. As you may recall, my Amaya would simply shutdown right as the
machine would slow down to perform a trim (usually at the slower speeds, 850
or  less). Well, Jeff Banks and the rest of the Melco guys were extremely
anxious to  figure this one out and after some deliberation on their part they
determined  that my motherboard was to blame. It seems that the slow down with
the
new  presser foot caused some circuitry on my board to not get enough power
thus  acting like I had pressed the "red button" forcing a system shutdown. The
board  has now been replaced (yea Kevin) and I'm on the way again (mind you I
was able  to keep stitching especially at the normal higher speeds). Time
will tell if all  is well and I suspect it is but I know that if it's not I can
count on Melco to  help me out! I do love my machine!

Dorothy  Compton
Bee Embroidered
_www.BeeEmbroidered.com_ (http://www.beeembroidered.com/)
(916)  635-7467