[amayausers] Re: Split Elements

As Aaron points out, changing stitch type really increases the count,
which
in turn raises the price you have to charge.
BUT, look at it this way...I now have a good account, small but worth
it. Local
limosine company brought in his satin jacket 2 years ago...name on
the back
in satin stitch, probably 1 1/2" or taller letters. Half of them had
pulled right out
when something would catch the threads. Not even a couple months old
and it looked
terrible!
So I remade his design, and did the split element on all the
stitches. It's been 2 years,
and he has gone from just his one coat to 2 coats each for every
driver (lightweight and
heavier 4 season jacket) and his wife, fatherinlaw, kids...and not
one jacket has had
any stitching pull out yet.
So...here's the question...do the job faster and cheaper-and hand
your customer to
another shop, or do it right the first time and delivery quality
products?