[amayausers.com] Re: Smallest Round Hoop for AMAYA XT

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 16:55:11 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1025.html#000005

The laser light on the Amaya's was never intended to be a "true" centering
device. It's main function is to trace the design and detect for hoop limit
errors. We all use it to help center our work, but it always appears to be off
center because of the angle at which the laser is pointed at the material. If
it was able to shine straight down then yes it could be a "true" centering
tool.

As the material gets thicker, like on the center seam of a cap for instance,
then the material contacts the laser beam higher up on it's angled path and
appears to get farther to the right and to the rear of real center...

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer