[amayausers] Re: Smallest Font

  • From: "Steve Cohen" <steve20832@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 05:38:09 -0400

I have used micro block down to .25" (I tell my customers anything less than
that will not be legible.) If thier logo comes out less than .25" then I
make the lettering .25" so it is legible. Sometimes I have to modify thier
logo a little bit so the embroidery is legible. If you want the lettering
smaller than that, try changing the density between 3 - 3.5 and use 60
weight thread. (Most patches are done in 100% 60 weight thread which is why
they can put a lot of detail in them.)

Steve

From: Lisa Griswold <lisa.griswold@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Amaya amaya <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [amayausers] Smallest Font
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 18:33:57 -0700 (PDT)

What is the best font to use for tiny block lettering?  What settings should
I change, like stitch length, when using small fonts?  I don't like the
results that I get when I use Micro Block, but I don't know what else to
use.  I've seen some really small print on other peoples' shirts; just don't
know how to do it!

   Thanks!
   Lisa Griswold
   Impressions