[amayausers] Re: Slim Line System vs. Fast Frames

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 08:05:30 -0400

We got the fast frame setup with our Amaya 2 years ago and thought it
was great...although the adhesive backing is not at all strong enough
to hold things in place right....the frames are perfect for tote bag
pockets-but we have to use steel 'paper clamps' to hold the bag from
sliding.
Got the new yellow clamping system-and haven't used the fast frames
since! But the drawback-you can't remove the 'hooped' item from the
machine to tear out bad stitches, bird nests, etc. and put it back
on....you can with fast frame or regular hoops. Unless you remove the
entire frame system....but if you tug on the coat or whatever, it can
and will slide in that clamp...then you have a reject.
We've been doing fleece vests, some lined and unlined jackets, much
better to do over an 'internal' zippered pocket with the clamp system
instead of hoops-really cut down time on those!
But forget about jacket backs, polo shirts, sweatshirts, etc.-the
clamp system won't allow you to go 'inside' the collar/neck to
embroider the 'pocket' chest area.
So there are limitations to it.
But for the jobs that it it DOES work on-it is really fast and
simple. Even did some hat 'backs' with it!
Roland